I'M GONNA GET FIT!
Getting fit (aka slim, within the correct BMI band & active) isn’t easy. OK. Actually, it is. I will talk about it from my perspective because we are all individuals and every one of us is different… height, build, age, metabolism, lifestyle, etc. So I will present my perspective and deliberately use the word “I” a lot to make sure that it's just me, a single anecdote and my experiences may be very different to yours…
- I know how to lose weight. I have been a yo-yo dieter for many years. Twelve kilos on, twelve off, on, off… etc.
- When everything is going fine I don't worry. But when the serious health problems arise then it is my call to action.
- (Luckily) I know I can lose weight. Even it seems the point of no return has been passed I know it is possible. I have absolute faith in my ability to lose those kilos.
- I count calories consumed. And I count calories burnt. Making sure there is a deficit. I understand the calculations. I'm realistic. Nothing new here. This is the basis for most if not all diet-plans and diet-plan marketing.
- I don’t know it all. I still need some help. I use tools to help me. Cronometer for nutrition and calorie counting. And Fitbit and Strava for counting calories burnt by general activity (walking and moving around), cycling and running. Read this section to see how I use these tools.
- Vegan, whole food, plant based, low-to-no oil dieting helps… but keep an eye on those macro and micronutrients.