1. The China Study: Revised and Expanded Edition: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health – T. Colin Campbell PhD. Thomas M. Campbell II M.D.
The Campbells were certainly not the first to recognise the benefits of a wholefood, plant-based diet. However, they were highly influential in bringing the message to the mainstream. Others, such as McDougall, cite the China Study to explain their own theories. So it is logical that the China Study should go at the top of the list.
2. The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good! – John A. McDougall
3. How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease – Michael Greger M.D. and Gene Stone
4. The Cheese Trap: How Breaking a Surprising Addiction Will Help You Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Get Healthy – Neal D Barnard with foreword by Marilu Henner
5. Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss – Joel Fuhrman M.D.
6. Fast Food Genocide: How Processed Food is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It Hardcover – Joel Fuhrman M.D. and Robert Phillips
Published in 2017 this is a broadside attack on all what is wrong with the food and its marketing in modern times. Empty calories, convenience, processed foods… and the serious health damage they cause. Dr. Fuhrman and Phillips emphasise the toxicity of the modern diet and its connection to a variety of diseases:
- Heart attacks
- ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Various allergies
- Autoimmune ailments